When we are confronted with that which is amazing and wonderous and profound, too often our first response is to reduce that experience with mundane explanations, even if in doing so, we are compelled to distort and forget that which we knew, if even for a brief moment, to be true.

These are the wonderous stories of the Heart Family.


Saturday, January 24, 2009

Animal Communication

I carefully approached my pile of books on animal communication. I would read one book and then sit with the stories for a good while before I was willing to start the next. I read with great skepticism, but I kept reading.

How can this be, that there are so many people that believe in this way of connecting, and yet I had never heard of this for the thirty some odd years of my life? It was as surprising as realizing the sky actually was green, but I had never known, because I had always been told it was blue.

I spent many months working my way through these books. One of the shelter volunteers admitted he "talked" to his cats through a professional communicator and he gave her name and phone number to me. I stored it away on my computer and quickly forgot about it.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

WH, I just read all of your blog, and it's beautiful. I look forward to more.